POSITION: Construction Team Member
REPORTS TO: Construction manager / Foreman.
SUMMARY: Working with construction crew to install drainage systems, irrigation systems, construct sports fields as well as other landscape duties. Responsible equipment operation and maintenance while meeting company standards for quality and efficiency.
PAY: $24.00+ per hour to start + benefits, negotiable DOE
REQUIREMENTS/ RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary requirements and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following. Management retains the right to add or change the responsibilities of the position at any time.
- Produce quality work while meeting or exceeding company production standards.
- Assist in safe loading and unloading of equipment and materials as directed.
- Able to follow directions
- Understanding of principles and practices pertaining to field construction of natural surfaces.
- Comply with company policies and standards.
- Maintain a positive attitude and appearance.
- Must be dependable, on time to work as scheduled.
- Able work out of town during the week as needed.
- Able to use equipment and tools properly.
- Cleaning of equipment, tools and vehicles daily.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repetitively
- Able to manage a site crew of up to 6 people.
- Work as a team member
- Ability to communicate in English orally and in writing.
- Valid O.D.L. With insurable driving record.
- Ability to obtain CDL Class A license within 3 months of employment. PST to pay cost.
- Able to pass Federal D.O.T. drug test which includes marijuana.
- Able to pass a background check as determined by employer.
- Pass DMV driving record requirements of our insurance company as insurable to drive company vehicles.
- Motivated to learn and advance.
- Practice safety for yourself and others around you.
- Associates degree in horticulture-based program or 2 years’ experience in landscape/field construction.
- Quality workmanship shall meet company standards.
- Fill out detailed daily paperwork timely and accurately.
- Positive attitude, appearance and be dependable.
KEY ATTRIBUTES/TRAITS INCLUDE:
- Willing to learn and follow procedures
- Able to accept and process directions well
- Outdoor environment with periodic inclement weather conditions
PST is an equal opportunity employer.