POSITION: Irrigation System Manager
REPORTS TO: Irrigation Manager
SUMMARY: Responsible for the irrigation on multiple sites, ranging from the application of water and working with contacts for scheduling to the trouble shooting and repairing of problems as they occur. Responsible equipment operation and maintenance while meeting company standards for quality and efficiency.
PAY: $ 24.00+ per hour to start + benefits, Negotiable D.O.E.
The primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following. Management retains the right to add or change the responsibilities of the position at any time.
- Manage your time efficiently without constant supervision.
- Maintain open communication with client.
- Develop and maintain a positive work relationship with Irrigation Manager, peers and subordinates to ensure optimum flow of information.
- Skilled in all aspects of irrigation; Program controllers on site, trouble shooting, watering principles, head adjustment, valve replacement, pipe repair, low voltage wiring, digging, and field observation.
- Can use, program and schedule irrigation systems using a central control and internet based computer system
- Transport equipment and tools to job sites as necessary.
- Assure proper use, care and inventory of company equipment, parts and tools assigned by performing pre-operation checks, routine maintenance and minor in-the-field repairs of equipment as necessary.
- Process necessary paper work timely, neatly and accurately to ensure costing and appropriate billing.
- Show some initial aptitude for training crew members, evaluating performance on a consistent basis and reporting to field managers.
- Discuss project(s) progress/status with Sales, Management and Irrigation Manager on regular basis.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Two years experience in larger scale irrigation repair and management or degree in the landscape/turf sector.
- Ability to read and understand plans.
- Ability to communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Valid O.D.L. With insurable driving record.
- Able to work various hours and various locations including out of town trips as necessary.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, and a background check.
KEY ATTRIBUTES/TRAITS INCLUDE:
- Willing to learn and follow procedures
- Able to accept and process directions well
- Outdoor environment with periodic inclement weather conditions
PST is an equal opportunity employer.