Irrigation System Manager
Pacific Sports Turf Irrigation is looking for a well-qualified turf and irrigation expert to join our team. The ideal candidate will have the right combination of education and/or practical experience with turf grass horticulture knowledge and irrigation system principles.
$ 24.00- $26.00/HR + $6 per hour Benefits package (Health & Dental insurance, short-term long-term disability, Life Insurance, unmatched 401K). Total compensation $30.00-$32.00 per hour including benefits. Compensation is DOE (Depends On Experience).
The primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
Pacific Sports Turf Irrigation manages irrigation system efficiency on sports fields and a variety of other premium landscapes. Our Irrigation System Managers are responsible for maintaining optimum moisture levels for vitality and playability of sports fields. They walk sites regularly, checking soil moisture levels, and make frequent adjustments to irrigation schedules. With some sites we are responsible for troubleshooting and repair of faulty equipment; on other sites we identify problems and collaborate with maintenance staff on repairs. We strive to operate our systems at the highest possible level of water-use efficiency.
Candidates would be expected to qualify and receive irrigation certifications from nationally recognized organizations, within two years of hire. This would include, at a minimum, the ‘Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor’ credential offered by the Irrigation Association.
- A minimum of 2 year’s experience with irrigation systems and products, and the ability to identify system deficiencies and implement improvements*
- Working knowledge of central irrigation control system operations and management
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve irrigation issues
- Understanding of water conservation techniques and technologies
- Flexible and cooperative to meet daily work requirements. Ability to work independently and with teams
- Familiarity with computer programs, network access and mobile applications.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service; to include customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to communicate in English, both written and verbally
- Valid Oregon Driver License with a clean record
- Ability to pass a background check
- *A 2 year degree in a horticulture related field (landscape, golf course, turf) will qualify as 2 years experience.
About Our Company:
Pacific Sports Turf Inc. excels in managing sports fields and golf sites throughout the Northwest. Our team of turf experts cultivate and maintain high performance natural turf fields using proven cultural practices. We master the science and art of fertilization, aeration, seeding, and top-dressing fields with decades of experience and soil testing for structure and fertility. Proper irrigation is, of course, critical to sports turf management. We are a small, locally-owned family that puts the well-being of its employees 1st. We provide an excellent benefits package including a 401k plan, medical and dental insurance, paid time off and holidays. We are an equal opportunity company that wants anyone with a great attitude and ambition to work with us regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexuality. Because of working on school sites, we are required to be free of a criminal record.