POSITION: Turf Technician
REPORTS TO: Field Supervisor /Operation Manager
SUMMARY: Performs turf renovation and maintenance work using turf equipment and tractor. Mobilizing all equipment to and from multiple job sites.
PAY: $24.00+ per hour to start + benefits, negotiable DOE
REQUIREMENTS/ RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following. Management retains the right to add or change the responsibilities of the position at any time.
- Becoming skilled with supervision in all operations of turf maintenance equipment. Including but not limited to Sanding, Aerating, Deep Tine Aeration, Seeding, Field Renovation.
- Load and transport equipment and tools to job sites as required
- Comply with and enforce company policies.
- Develop and maintain a positive work relationship with operation manager, peers, and subordinates.
- Promote and maintain safe working conditions.
- Fill out detailed daily paperwork timely and accurately.
- Report equipment in need of repair to mechanic.
- Assure proper use, care and inventory of company equipment, parts and tools assigned by performing pre-operation checks, routine maintenance, and minor in-the-field repairs of equipment as necessary
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repetitively
- Ability to bend/stoop/crouch/squat/use arms/wrists/hands/grasp/sit on moving equipment for long periods.
- Ability to communicate in English orally and in writing
- Current drivers license with insurable driving record.
- Ability to obtain C.D.L. Class A within 3 months of employment. PST to pay cost.
- Able to work various hours and various locations including out of town/overnight trips as required.
- Associates degree in horticulture-based program or 2 years’ experience in landscape/field construction.
- Quality workmanship shall meet company standards.
- Positive attitude, appearance and be dependable.
- Practice safety for yourself and others around you.
KEY ATTRIBUTES/TRAITS INCLUDE:
- Willing to learn and follow procedures
- Able to accept and process directions well
- Outdoor environment with periodic inclement weather conditions
PST is an equal opportunity employer.
• Email resume and cover letter to tjay@pacificsports turf.com
• Fax resume and cover letter to 503–692–1199